IBM® Rational® DOORS® software is the market leading requirements management application that can help you reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve quality by enabling you to optimize requirements communication, collaboration and verification — throughout your organization and across your supply chain.
IBM Rational DOORS contains proven capabilities that can help increase quality and efficiency by optimizing requirements communication and collaboration. Rational DOORS, a scalable solution for managing project scope and cost, helps your projects meet business goals, satisfy customer needs, and address applicable regulations and standards.
IBM® Rational® DOORS® Web Access enables stakeholders, including business managers, development, QA, customers, and suppliers, to easily create, elaborate and validate requirements within a web browser. This can help avoid errors early in the development lifecycle and reduce project costs.
- Provides a comprehensive requirements management environment
- Actively engaging all stakeholders in a collaborative requirements process by providing web browser access to the requirements database and integration to requirements definition capabilities
- Manages changes to requirements with either a simple pre-defined change proposal system or a more thorough, customizable change control workflow through integration to Rational’s change management solutions.
- Supports the Requirements Interchange Format, which enables suppliers and development partners to be directly involved in the development process
- Links requirements to design items, test plans, test cases and other requirements for easy and powerful traceability
- Scales to address your changing requirements management needs
- Enables informal requirements discussions with DOORS Discussions
- Supports the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) specifications for requirements management, change management and quality management which provides a generic and open way to integrate systems and software lifecycle tools.
- Integrations include Rational change management solutions, Rational Rhapsody, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Focal Point, Rational System Architect, Rational Software Architect (through partner), Rational Requirements Composer and many third-party tools, to provide a comprehensive traceability solution
Allows stakeholders to contribute new requirements, analyze or elaborate on existing requirements, and validate a specification directly from their Web browser
Enables development teams to create bi-directional traceability for impact analysis and traceability compliance
Keeps geographically distributed teams up to date with the latest project requirements information
Promotes collaboration among business users, marketing, suppliers, systems engineers and business analysts through requirements discussions
Provides fast and easy deployment to your user community - no software installation is required, all you need is a Web browser
Improves scalability by increasing the number of concurrent users on a single requirements repository.
Listing updated July 2011